Forerunners is the official journal of the Philatelic Society for Greater Southern Africa.
Forerunners is published three times per year for the periods July/October, November/February, and March/June.
A subscription to Forerunners is included in the membership fees to the
Philatelic Society for Greater Southern Africa (PSGSA).
- The current issue, No. 78, November 2013 - February 2014 of Forerunners in PDF format may be downloaded here.
- A presentation issue of Forerunners in PDF format may be downloaded here.
- Forerunners received a Vermeil at JOBURG 2010.
- Forerunners received a Vermeil at CHICAGOPEX 2009.
- Forerunners received a Large Silver Medal at Washington 2006 World Philatelic Exhibition
- Forerunners received a Vermeil at the August 2005 APS STAMPSHOW in Grand Rapids.
Instructions for Manuscript Submissions
Manuscripts should be sent to the appropriate member of the Editorial Board or directly to the Editor. Electronic versions of submissions are preferred either embedded in an email message, email attachments or on a floppy disk or CD. MS Word files are preferred. Avoid complex tables, unless in text or excel formats. Illustrations should be scanned at at least 150 dpi and submitted in tif, gif, or jpg formats. Illustrations should not be embedded in manuscript files. Contact the Editor if you have any questions and your submission requires special attention. Needless to say, good old fashioned typed or written manuscripts and photocopies can still be submitted and are most welcome.
Perpetual Calendar Download in PDF format (12KB).
SA Surface Postal Rates Download in Excel format (55KB).
SA Early Airmail Rates Download in Excel format (25KB).
Upper Bongoland Exhibit Download in PDF format (4.0 MB).